Monday, July 14, 2008

Copenhagen -> Berlin

So theres only one picture because the computer that I'm using right now is extremely slow. It took me 10 minutes to get this picture up, so hopefully I can get to another computer and post again soon!

Copenhagen was a great time. Brian and I rented bikes for the day that we were there and it was actually a great way to see the city! There are a ton of sections to the city, including its own hippie town. We met some really neat people there as well. Brian and I took a tour of the Carlsburg beer factory which was really pretty fun. While inside the factory a thunderstorm came up and it downpoured for a few minutes; then it was sunny the rest of the day! Best danishes ever! (I guess thats to be expected).

The next day was spent travelling to Berlin. Today we toured Berlin, which was really great. Its a humongous city and we only got to see a portion of it. But we did go to Checkpoint Charlie - the edge of the US control during the Berlin Wall crisis. I was going to include a picture of me there, but...

Tonight we cooked our own delicious meal of spaghetti and sausage with salad - our first meal that we've really cooked for ourselves! It was delicious. Tonight we're getting to bed early and leaving tomorrow morning for Prague. More to come from there! Brian and I are trying to avoid getting sick, so if you could pray for that, that would be wonderful.

Praise God for His faithfulness to us thus far! Until Prague...

A ferry to Copenhagen - the TRAIN rolls right on! Amazing engineering!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Hey Austin! Its Barret! I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I am very jealous! like extremely! haha. well I sure do miss you big bro and I can tell you are in your element over there. Everything from the Jack Johnson concert to the bull run to the amaazing beauty just looks incredibly fun! Miss you love you and praying for you.

Barret

Victoria said...

Austin,

Weird. The train goes right on the boat? At first I thought that was a pretty lame picture and all (you know, I mean anyone can see a boat), but then your caption stated it all. Context is King! Bummer the internet was so slow; would have loved to have seen more pictures.

Read our blog for up the day updates on our fam. Girls are sick (again), Barret's doing great, Annie's have a decent summer @ Mount Hermon, and Mom... well, she's always great. Will be affirmed as on Elder @ GBC on Sunday night.

If you run into Sven the tour guide, tell him I said "Hello".

Love you,

Dad