Monday, July 21, 2008

Berlin -> Prague -> Berchtesgaden -> Salzburg

Well, its been quite some time since my last post! The internet has been anything but available, but hopefully the pictures in this post will make up for it. Heres a quick summary of my recent trail:

Copenhagen was great - especially the danishes. Biking through town and the cool architecture were the highlights for me.

We stayed in Berlin for two nights, but only travelled around the city for a couple of hours. I was starting to get sick, so the tourism was short lived. The highlight of that was Checkpoint Charlie, where so much history with the Berlin wall happened. Actually kind of sobering to be there.

Prague was beautiful. The train ride in was along this river which was stunningly gorgeous. Im constantly amazed at the beautiful world that the Lord has created. In Prague, we ran into my robotics professor from Cal Poly! Small world indeed.

By far the most beautiful place I have been yet was in Berchtesgaden, Germany. In the very southern part, its actually a national park, and its beauty rivals that of the Sierras. See the pictures! A hike to the Klausteinhaus or Hitler's Eagles Nest was my favorite. Stunningly beautiful. The picture doesnt even come close to describing it. And it was in between two very rainy days.. the Lord is good! We camped there and had a great time.. Thanks Grampy for the recommendation!

I am writing this post from Salzburg just before heading out to Munich. I have a train in an hour or so. Tomorrow Brian and I are planning on visiting the famous castle outside of Füssen, Germany. In a few days we are meeting my good friend Lucas in Paris and starting our adventures of backpacking the Swiss Alps!

Other than being a little sick and having my knees hurt, I have been able to stay quite healthy and I praise the Lord for that. More to come. Thanks for your faithful prayers.



Windmill in Copenhagen.


My moving company! So much fun to find this sign!


Checkpoing Charlie in Berlin. The allied edge of the Berlin Wall!


The cathedral at the castle in Prague.


I ran into my robotics professor in the town square in Prague.

A wonderful view of Köngissee Lake in Berchtesgaden, Germany

The incredible view from Hitler's Eagle's Nest, Berchtesgaden.

Recognize this scene in Salzburg?


The gazebo in the Sound of Music! Salzburg, Austria.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Hi Austin,

So good to chat with you the other day. Boy do we miss you.

These pictures are breathtaking, and I'm sure they hardly even begin to capture the majesty of it all. You're in your element, no doubt.

Happy Birthday, son. Hope you enjoyed your special day. Please click onto our blog for a birthday wish (post) from me (us).

Can't wait to hear from you the next time you're able to ring.

Love you,

Dad

Daniel said...

Hi to all Kruggel's. It's Daniel Schneider writing from Montpreveyres Switzerland where Austin is supposed to pass in a few day. We are ready and looking forward to see him The family will be complete to welcome Austin, Kim is also coming back from his humanitarian trip to Congo.
Today we have received the parcel sent by Victoria.
So everything seems just in place.

Bye and love to everybody

Daniel

Victoria said...

Daniel,

Tom here. So nice of you to write. Boy do we miss you guys. Sure would like to see you again.

Thanks so much for taking care of Austin and his friends. You're so very kind to have him over for a day. You're still still some of the nicest people we've ever met in our lives.

(So happy for Kim. How exciting.)

We love you.

Tom (and Family)