Sunday, June 22, 2008

Paris!!!

Well I think Ive gotten about 5 or 6 hours of sleep total over the past two nights and today has seemed like the longest day of my life, but Brian and I connected in the airport here in Paris and started our journey today without any major snaffus (sp?). We've even had time to go to Notre Dame today and enjoy one of the best crepes I've ever had. Needless to say, Im zonked and am probably going to bed around 8 or so. But praise the Lord for safe travels, for good health, and for a wonderful time so far. 3 days in Paris including today and then on Tuesday we're off to Niort to see Jaclyn, a friend from college. Thanks for your prayers! We're here safe and sound!


7 comments:

Victoria said...

Austie!
So glad you're there safe and sound! You look no worse for the wear! So fun to see you in front of Notre Dame! Barret just crossed the border into Mexico...I feel like my chicks are EVERYwhere! So grateful that you are under the shelter of His wings.
Love you,
Mom

Victoria said...

Austin,

Dad here. I'm so bummed that you called me and I missed it. Ahh, daaaannng. I was in church.

So cool you're in Paris right now. Love the pics. Keep on writing, calling and posting with photos.

We miss you tons.

Love,

Dad

Arijaan Bulk said...

Hey Austin! Just dropping in to let you know that I'm reading and praying for the Lord's protection and for opportunities to spread His name. Yay for wearing the everyslostudent shirt in Paris! Have a blast with Jacyln!

Kelsey Voetmann said...

I am SO SO SO excited for you and the many adventures you are having and still to have!!! This is so great you're keeping a Blog :) I can't wait to read them! I'm praying for your safety and your time w/ your friends! -Kels!

Mme Lude said...

Bienvenue a la France! So glad you and Brian connected at CDG. Kristen and I had a major ordeal there trying to find each other. Haha! Can't wait to see you tomorrow :)

Scott said...

Hey Austin!
Glad you made it Paris... Thanks for blogging... it'll be fun to follow your journey.
Grace and Peace
Scott and Mariam

skiyoi said...

Austin--

I'm glad to see that you and Brian seem to be having a good time...

I have a question. I'm thinking about having a homestay from France for most of the month of July, and I'm wondering if it would be possible for him to stay in your room. (I would have him stay in our room, but James will be visiting SLO often.) I called Scott already, and he's going to get back to me.

I'll send you an e-mail also. I'd appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as possible, as the deadline has already passed. (the program got in touch with me at the last minute.)

Stephen