Monday, August 4, 2008

Interlaken -> Luzern -> Salzburg

Just some more pictures here for you all to see. Switzerland is by far my favorite country in Europe so far, and I think it might be tough to be topped. We did some day hiking in the beatiful small town of Grindelwald - which is in one of the valleys that leads to the Jungfrau peak. The next day was Switzerland´s national day and so we watched a rainy parade in town and saw some fireworks later that night, which were great.

The next day was spent in Luzern, where we got a free boat ride across the lake and ended up playing a pickup game of soccer with some exchange students for most of the afternoon before cooling off with a swim in the lake. What a perfect day!
Right now we´re back in Salzburg preparing for our next trip out to the Austrian alps! Its fun to be back in a place that you know sort of well and are able to navigate through. I love this town and could easily spend another week here. So next up is the Austrian alps with hopefully a couple of stops at some mountain huts along the way. So the next post will probably not be until after all of that happens, so stay tuned! I´m just loving the Lord´s glory here and His beauty is shining so brightly in what He has made! Cheers! (I find myself saying this all the time for some reason...)



Hiking through Grindelwald, Switzerland



We even got to go to the driving range in the valley.

Luzern, Switzerland





Switzerland´s national day is August 1st!



Our hostel in Interlaken.


Ha!

McDonald´s never looked so good!

1 comment:

Kelsey Voetmann said...

You boys sound like you're having an amazing, amazing, amazing time! I am SO happy that you all get to experience this together. WOW, what an incredible place God has created over there for you to ENJOY! I am VERY jealous of all your hiking and adventures.
I pray that God continues to keep you all VERY safe and keep having FUN:)
I LOVE reading up on how you boys are doing.
Kels!